Data protection declaration – BURGcam and BURGprotect app
We are delighted by your interest in using our mobile web applications. We take the protection of your privacy very seriously. There now follows some detailed information on how we handle your data in the mobile applications BURGcam, BURGcam PRO, BURGcam HD, BURGcam HD Pro app and BURGprotect app.
Data collection and use
We collect personal data if you have given your voluntary consent to this during the installation of the application.
Which data is collected:
- Camera sensor data
- Personal data (email, phone number, first and last name) that you have approved by entering in our forms
- Data from your BURG-WÄCHTER/SANTEC BW product (serial number, IP address, etc.)
- WLAN connection information
Data collection is necessary to guarantee the proper function of the application:
- The camera sensor data has to be released so that products in the application can be identified and added in a user-friendly manner via a QR code.
- Personal data (email, phone number as well as first and last name) is use to notify you of updates, incompatibilities or news and/or to create an account so that data can be saved on the corresponding server.
- Access to the device’s memory is needed if you wish to record/save data locally.
- A network/Internet connection has to be established so as to be able to establish a link to the devices.
- Access to the contact list is necessary so that you can share access to the device with other persons very easily.
The data collected from the camera sensors and the contacts remain on your mobile device and are not sent to or stored on the Burg-Wächter / SANTEC BW server.
When you register the product, you will be asked to enter some personal data (first and last name, email address and/or phone number). This will be only transferred to BURG-WÄCHTER / SANTEC BW once during the registration process and saved so as to customise the account. This serves to safeguard our overriding legitimate interests in the correct presentation of our offer within the scope of a balancing of interests.
You can withdraw your consent to the storage of this data at any time, for example by using the delete function in the portal.
BURG-WÄCHTER KG and the subsidiary SANTEC BW AG will not forward any of the personal data that is saved to third parties.
Use of data for email advertising and your right to object
Furthermore, we reserve the right to save your first and last names and your email address in consolidated lists and to use these for our own advertising purposes, with your consent, e.g. to send you interesting offers and information about our products by email. You can object to the storage and use of your data for these purposes at any time by sending a message to the contact options shown below.
Contact possibilities and your rights
You have the following rights as the data subject:
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, the right to demand information about the personal data we process to the extent described therein;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, the right to demand the rectification of incorrect or to demand the completion of the personal data we have saved;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, the right to demand the erasure of the personal data we have saved, provided its further processing is not necessary
– for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
– for compliance with a legal obligation;
– for reasons of public interest, or
– for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR; the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if
– you contest the accuracy of the personal data;
– the processing is unlawful, but you oppose the erasure of the personal data;
– we no longer need the data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or
– you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, the right to receive the personal data which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to demand that the data be transmitted to another controller;
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You can usually contact the supervisory authority at your habitual residence or place of work or our company domicile.
If you have any questions on the collection, processing or use of your personal data, on access to, rectification, blocking or erasure of data as well as the withdrawal of any given consent or objection to a specific use of the data, please contact our in-house data protection officer:
Rene Raumanns – SNS Systems GmbH
Tel.: +49 (0) 61027751500
Right to object
If we process personal data in the manner mentioned above to safeguard our overriding legitimate interests within the scope of a balancing of interests, you can object to this processing with effect for the future. If processing is for the purpose of direct marketing, you can exercise this right at any time as described above. If the processing is for other purposes, you only have right to object for reasons arising from your particular situation.
After you exercise your right to object, we will no longer process the personal data concerning you for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
This does not apply if processing is for the purpose of direct marketing. In this case, we will no longer process your data for this purpose.